HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF COASTAL FAIRFIELD COUNTY
Position: Development Intern
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County builds communities and improves lives by eliminating substandard housing and creating homeownership possibilities for families of low-income. Habitat CFC has a proud thirty-two year history and well-earned reputation for success throughout the region. We are a developer with a commitment to “green” construction, a family service agency, non-profit financial institution, community advocate and provider of over 7,000 volunteer opportunities each year. Habitat CFC transforms abandoned properties into homes for tax paying, contributing community members. Since 1985 Habitat CFC has broken ground on over 200 homes and has helped over 1,000 family members in Fairfield County. The organization’s ReStore, located in Stratford, accepts donations of furniture, appliances and building materials, and then resells them. The proceeds from the ReStore help the organization build more affordable housing in Coastal Fairfield County.
Summary of the Intern Position:
The Development Intern will work in our fast-paced Development Department focusing on various development projects.
Responsibilities could include:
• Supporting development staff in identifying and researching potential individual and foundation donors using research tools.
• Assisting with effective stewardship of all donors including preparing summaries of donors.
• Creating and updating donor records
• Researching grants opportunities
• Assembling background material for grant proposals.
• Assisting with preparation and submission of grants.
• Commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s mission and programs.
• Goal driven individual with non-profit or other volunteer experience, or a desire to gain such experience.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience searching for information on Google.
• Strong team player, but also a self-starter who takes ownership of assigned projects to see them to completion.
Location: 1542 Barnum Avenue, Bridgeport, CT, 06610, US
Start Date: Immediate
Length of Internship: Flexible
Hours: Habitat CFC office hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. The intern should be able to commit at least 12 hours a week to the position.
Unpaid. If applicable, experience may be used for credit in internship course.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume with a thoughtful email explaining your experience and interest in working for Habitat CFC to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Habitat CFC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.