How to apply for a Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County (Habitat CFC) House
Habitat CFC follows a nondiscriminatory policy of family selection. Neither race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status nor national origin is a factor in choosing partner families. Partner families are always selected based on their level of need, ability to pay and willingness to partner.
Applicant(s) is/are required to meet several qualifications to ensure success (click here for downloadable file):
- Be citizens or legal residents.
- Live and work in the Fairfield County area for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Not have declared bankruptcy or foreclosure for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Have decent credit and be keeping up with their utility bills.
- Earn a yearly income that falls within minimum and maximum limits, depending on household size.
- Does not currently own a home nor has owned a home in the past 3 years.
For Three Bedrooms:
|Household Size||Minimum Household Income||Maximum Household Income|
If an applicant (s) is/are accepted into the Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County Future Homeownership Program they must:
- Invest at least 500 hours of sweat-equity in building their home and others.
- Attend future homeowner education classes.
If you have special circumstances, please contact Leonila Ayala.