What is Habitat for Heroes?
Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County’s Veterans Build Initiative works to provide home ownership opportunities to veterans of all service branches in the Coastal Fairfield area. Our partner families are service members who have been honorably discharged, and are working to build a better life for their families.
1. Build: Provide simple, decent and affordable housing solutions for military, veterans and their families.
2. Mobilize: Engage military members, veterans, families, veterans’ groups and all military supporters in volunteer programs and veteran-related advocacy.
3. Employ: Capitalize on skill sets gained from military service with recruitment targeting veterans as Habitat for Humanity International/local affiliate employees, board members and extended volunteers, national service members, interns and fellows.
4. Educate: Promote cultural competency for Habitat affiliates engaging military and veterans and provide access to financial literacy and homeownership education programs.
5. Honor: Host regular slate of events highlighting veteran housing needs and honoring their service. Target dates include the 9/11 Day of Service, MLK Day and Veterans Day.
Looking to get involved?
Contact Eileen Bakos at (203) 333-2642 ext.102 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to volunteer, donate, or sponsor this program.
If you, or someone you know, may qualify for the Habitat for Heroes program, please contact Eileen Bakos at email@example.com. Check eligibility requirements here.
Habitat for Heroes Sponsors
On behalf of all of the Veterans and their families served, Habitat CFC would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to our volunteers, donors, and most importantly our sponsors: