HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF COASTAL FAIRFIELD COUNTY
Position: Communications and Events Intern
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County (Habitat CFC) builds communities and improves lives by eliminating substandard housing and creating homeownership possibilities for families of low-income. Since 1985 Habitat CFC has broken ground on over 200 homes and has helped over 1,000 family members in Fairfield County. While we have completed projects and are working throughout Coastal Fairfield County, the largest portion of our current building effort is happening in Bridgeport. We are a developer with a commitment to “green” construction, a family service agency, non-profit financial institution, community advocate and provider of over 8,000 volunteer opportunities each year. Our ReStore, located in Stratford, accepts donations of furniture, appliances and building materials, and then resells them. The proceeds from the ReStore help us build more affordable housing in Coastal Fairfield County.
Summary of the Intern Position:
The Communications and Events Intern will work in our fast-paced Development Department focusing on communications and events projects. For example, he/she will write content for printed materials, the organization’s website and social media posts as well as take photos at events to post on social media. He/she will be asked to work on various research projects, such as research area media organizations. He/she will assist Development Team members with the coordination of fundraising events.
- Commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s mission and programs.
- Goal driven individual with non-profit or other volunteer experience, or a desire to gain such experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point and Photoshop. Experience posting on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong team player, but also a self-starter who takes ownership of assigned projects to see them to completion.
- Ability to work night and weekend events a plus, but not required.
Location: 1542 Barnum Avenue, Bridgeport, CT, 06610, US
Start Date: Flexible
Length of Internship: Flexible
Hours: Habitat CFC office hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. The intern should be able to commit at least 12 hours a week to the position.
Unpaid. If applicable, experience may be used for credit in internship course.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume with a thoughtful email explaining your experience and interest in working for Habitat CFC to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Habitat CFC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.